THE BIG QUESTION: DOES ISLAM CLASH WITH BRITISH VALUES?
A Discussion On The Compatibility of British and Islamic Values
The Islamic Education and Research Academy (iERA) will be holding a second cross panel discussion on Friday 12th June to examine another contentious topic relating to the Muslim community, which has recently dominated the British media – British Values.
UPDATE: THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT
Joining us on the panel:
• Sajid Varda – (Chairperson) Islam Channel
• Tommy Robinson – Former Head of the English Defence League (EDL)
• Hamza Tzortzis – Head of Education and Research at iERA
• Reverend Frank Gelli – Blogger and activist
• Abdullah Al Andalusi – Muslim Debate Initiative
• Anne Marie Waters – Head of Sharia Watch and UKIP
This highly anticipated cross panel discussion will take place in London on Friday 12th June 2015, and due to unprecedented demand we are sold out.
ABOUT THE “DON’T HATE, DEBATE! CAMPAIGN”
About the ‘Don’t Hate, Debate!’ campaign The ‘Don’t Hate, Debate!’ campaign is aimed at raising the standard of intellectual discourse by highlighting the importance of tackling hatred in our society, and to encourage people to ‘debate our differences’ rather than ‘hate our differences’.
It was launched in January 2015 in response to the Charlie Hebdo attacks in Paris.
Find out more about this campaign at www.iera.org/campaigns/dont-hate-debate
For more information, see www.iera.org/campaigns/dont-hate-debate